Her feedback (which was super specific and helpful):
"These look awesome!! I love where you are going with it so far!! Mostly, I like that you are picking up some Mayan weaving inspiration but keeping in mind other potential retreat destinations and art forms. Great work!
- I love the globe designs with different patterns, particularly the wood-grain style. It reminds me of a topographic map. I also like the design where the ocean is a woven design, and your last design in #12, where the ocean is a compass-style design.
- #1. like the design on the right, could be cool to incorporate a similar style into the mandala
- #5. I love how you've made the continents on the top globe actually look rounded and not just flat.
- #10. the totem figure looks kind of like someone squatting over the birds face to me... maybe the totem can be upright with someone working on it from the side? .... also re: stick figures, maybe there can be a dancing figure? thinking of offering dance lessons in Havana, Cuba, so that could be relevant too... won't be all visual arts.
- #8. I was pretty set on the globe mandala idea, but I REALLY like your hand design with the weaving in between the fingers... The wings seem weird to me to be on the hands, but I could see them being around a globe instead of hands or the mandala...
So, seeing your sketches, I am thinking I definitely want to keep a globe in the picture, and I love your idea of adding some texture to it. If the globe has texture, the surrounding design should likely be someone minimal and very clean...
I still like the idea of the surrounding design being a mandala with some kind of art figures; however, now I am also open to the design being hands or wings.
Let's play around with the three and see what looks best. I trust your artistic skill and compass to decide which ideas you'd like to explore more."